Discovery Data Manager / Informatics Manager
I’m currently searching for a team-orientated and skilled Discovery Data Manager/ Informatics Manager to deliver, optimise and support drug discovery information systems used by a Cambridge-based client of mine. You will be responsible for their biological data management, LIMS and inventory management systems as part of the informatics team.
- Maintenance of protocols within an assay data management system (ActivityBase experience an advantage).
- Implement improvements in template design and design new templates for use in assays and HTS screening through liaison with end-user scientists
- Assist in the development and maintenance of our electronic lab notebook system
- Experience supporting an inventory management system (experience with Mosaic preferred)
- End-user training in relevant systems
- Work with IT to ensure availability of reporting tools and applications to aid workflows.
- Familiarity with the drug discovery process and supporting drug discovery research tools.
- Experience using data pipelining tools e.g. Knime and Pipeline Pilot.
- Database development skills (with some knowledge of Oracle preferred, PostgreSQL also advantageous) e.g. schema design, data warehousing and ETL in a scientific environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- An active awareness of new and developing technologies
- Works both independently and in collaboration with others
- Plans ahead and is proactive in identifying and troubleshooting potential obstacles
- Meticulous with excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Can deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Reliable, professional and conscientious attitude