Digital & Data Strategy Manager
As the Manager of Digital, you will be responsible to deliver and refine the) Digital and Data strategy for the organisation, ensuring its implementation is robust and timely and that the facility is at the cutting edge of the Industry 4.0 revolution. To achieve these outcomes the focus of this high-profile role will be threefold, 1. Driving implementation of digital technologies within the pharmaceutical sector, 2. linking across different business functions to ensure cross industry ideation and deployment and 3. developing new projects and business offerings to deliver the strategy.
The successful candidate will thrive on being in the at the heart of digital and will develop and deploy specialist skills, knowledge and expertise across a range of digital areas. We are looking for a range of technical skills and a willingness to learn more and would be equally excited to hear from experienced managers or those wishing to break into this level and/or the pharmaceutical industry.
Main duties of the role include:
- To lead and supervise the development and maintenance of the data management systems, including the facilities engineering maintenance, laboratory Information and quality compliance systems.
- To provide leadership and guidance in the; design and implementation of cGMP computer systems (eBRs, LIMS, CMMS etc), definition of policies, workflows, standards and templates for data management to ensure high level of digital excellence in MMIC technical programme.
- To supervise the integration of processes and equipment into our digital infrastructure, with a focus on systems for data acquisition, control and automation, interoperability with systems for inventory management, resource planning and asset maintenance.
- Responsible for definition and management of Digital-Assets in line with the needs of the MMIC Business Development Director
- To act as technical project lead on relevant projects with aspects of process control, automation, integration and information management.
- To keep up with knowledge, new developments and trends in Data Management, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and represent the company at relevant conferences and events, building a network of relevant (inter)national external stakeholders, customers, partners, research organisations and authorities.
- If necessary (not expected to be core to the role): To act as line manager for all direct reports, to conduct performance appraisals and implement personal development planning for the team
For more information on the role and the associated responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who ideally (but not required) has experience in deployment of GMP software solutions in a pharmaceutical/ Biopharma manufacturing operation. The successful candidate must have a strong working knowledge and broad experience of IT packages, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio as well as technical mastery in the design of development of digitisation projects including data acquisition, equipment integration.
We work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.