An exciting new vacancy has arisen for an IT Field Application Specialist with a commercial focus. The IT Field Application Specialist is responsible for the technical installation and support of our products and solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for developing business relationships with the key LIMS suppliers in the UK & Ireland and will be responsible for the quotes and proposals for interfacing and integration with our solutions. The IT Specialist will work closely with the Lab Efficiency Team to create and promote workflow solutions for customers incorporating automation, analytical platforms and IT products.
This role is a home/field based national role involving some travel across UK & Ireland.
What will your responsibilities be?
Main accountabilities include:
- Consult with clients on system context, hardware and network configuration topics.
- Manage client and other vendors communication regarding connectivity
- Working on pre-sales and commercial activities including; customer presentations, tender responses and microbiology solution design with Lab Efficiency Team
- Propose and promote IT architecture in a professional way to demonstrate the benefits and advantages of our product offering, working closely with the Lab Efficiency Team
- Myla/ Argene Connect specialist
- Liaise with LIMS providers and work with vendor and customer IT personnel to determine requirements and establish interface and network connections between our systems and LIMS systems.
- Request quotes and proposals for LIMS connections when required for tender responses and business proposals
- Provide high level technical support related to the systems. Answer internal and external customer inquiries per established guideline and document in CRM system; consult as appropriate with Lab IT Specialist, Application Specialist, System Engineer, Field IT Specialist, Management, Global Customer Support.
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills for remote/phone support as well as on-site Lab IT support.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain the hardware and software including Myla interfaces
- Assist with launch/implementation of new systems by learning new products, providing input to development of documentation and troubleshooting procedures for all systems.
- Provide customer training to enable client self-sufficiency and participate in training for internal colleagues.
Who are you?
- Educated to degree level in computer sciences, biomedical science or equivalent
- Expertise in information management software, LIS/HIS connection, network, IT security
- Expertise on laboratory/ hospital workflow would be an advantage.
Competencies and Required Skills:
- Customer oriented
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Solution oriented, creative
- Knowledge of networks, interfaces, hardware and software, database management, knowledge in interfacing
- Strong Commercial awareness and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both written and verbally, presentation skills
A competitive offer with training, car or cash allowance, pension and other benefits are part of the package.