I currently have a excellent opportunity available for an experienced Biomedical Scientist or Medical Laboratory Assistant to join a LIMS software vendor as an Application Specialist, focused on the delivery and user training of their core LIMS application.
The position will be home-based, however will require occasional travel to customer locations predominantly in Wales, so ideally candidates will be Welsh based or live within driveable distance.
- Perform pre-sales activities including product presentations and demonstrations;
- Assist with new product implementations including conducting implementation planning study sessions, client training demonstrations and workshops and providing general implementation guidance and support;
- Provide domain expertise to inform, develop and document business and functional requirements to support product upgrades and enhancements;
- Assist with the development of a training programme for the LIMS
- Deliver key training to customer-base for the core LIMS product post-implementation
- Create and maintain product documentation, manuals and knowledgebase articles
- Assist with maintaining the company procedural documents in accordance with the ISO9001, ISO27001 certification standard
- Other relevant duties as reasonably required
- Experience working in a pathology laboratory, ideally as a BMS with a desire to move into more IT focused projects
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective relationships with co-workers and clients, including:
- Quickly adapt to the changing needs of our clients, and work with other teams to ensure those needs are met.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, including;
- Excellent command of the English Language in written form;
- Proven ability to translated technical requirements into End-User supporting documentation based on client requirements;
- Preparation and publication of quality user manuals; and,
- Delivery of application training to clients to ensure high level of proficiency.
- Sound technical skills with a background in application support services.