I currently have a excellent opportunity available for an experienced Biomedical Scientist or Medical Laboratory Assistant to join a LIMS software vendor as an Application Specialist, focused on the delivery and user support of their core LIMS application.
The position will be hybrid based, primarily home working with occasional office and on-site work.
- Perform pre-sales activities including product presentations and demonstrations;
- Assist with new product implementations including conducting implementation planning study sessions, client training demonstrations and workshops and providing general implementation guidance and support;
- Provide domain expertise to inform, develop and document business and functional requirements to support product upgrades and enhancements;
- Assist with the development of a training programme for the LIMS
- Deliver key training to customer-base for the core LIMS product post-implementation
- Create and maintain product documentation, manuals and knowledgebase articles
- Assist with maintaining the company procedural documents in accordance with the ISO9001, ISO27001 certification standard
- Other relevant duties as reasonably required
- Experience working in a pathology laboratory, ideally as a BMS with a desire to move into more IT focused projects
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective relationships with co-workers and clients, including:
- Quickly adapt to the changing needs of our clients, and work with other teams to ensure those needs are met.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, including;
- Excellent command of the English Language in written form;
- Proven ability to translated technical requirements into End-User supporting documentation based on client requirements;
- Preparation and publication of quality user manuals; and,
- Delivery of application training to clients to ensure high level of proficiency.
- Sound technical skills with a background in application support services.