Lab Systems Specialist (LIMS)
We are a large organisation running NHS and private hospital laboratories across the UK. You will join a team of systems specialists implementing new laboratory IT systems and supporting existing sites. You will configure and support Clinisys Winpath systems, interface analysers and set up pre-analytics systems. We are looking for someone with a combination of clinical knowledge and excellent IT skills.
The ideal candidate will have
- A degree in biomedical science (IT qualifications with pathology experience also considered).
- A strong understanding of pathology lab workflow and key issues.
- Experience working with at least one LIMS system.
- Experience interfacing laboratory analysers.
- Familiarity with SQL Server and T-SQL.
- A reasonable understanding of the regulations in our industry (ISO 15189, GDPR, BSQR).
- Experience with Clinisys Winpath.
- Understanding of GP messaging systems (MESH and Read coding).
- Understanding of HL7 and integration engines (we have a separate team for this, but understanding the technology would be useful).
- Knowledge of networks and firewalls.
- Experience with a programming language or scripting.