I am currently working with a fast-growing LIMS software company who are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Consultant to join their Technical Services team.
The successful candidate will be involved in the implementation of laboratory software systems in a wide variety of different industries and organisations ranging from small businesses to global pharmaceutical companies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team of Technical Specialists; you will be involved in the delivery of innovative software at the cutting-edge of the industry.
The successful candidate will receive training on the software and configuration tools, as well as 3rd party software packages. A competitive salary will be offered dependant on experience with benefits including private healthcare.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivery of on-site and off-site consultancy services to customers including software design, project delivery, customer workshops, presentations, data modelling, technical architecture, technical delivery, report writing, training.
- Acting as Project Leader on designated projects and ensuring that project delivery is executed in accordance with internal operating procedures and implementation methodologies.
- Understanding and documenting customer’s functional requirements and getting sign-off and agreement from the customer.
- Implementation and configuration of the developed software. This includes the use of reporting tools to design the customer specific reports. Extension to other products as needed
- Project management of system implementations to meet customer expectations including customer visits
- Maintaining project documentation and records of time spent on all customer related activities
- Provision of training courses and seminars on an as needed basis
- Attendance at technical seminars and user meetings as required
- Visit to distributor companies for the purposes of training and assistance with technical seminars
- Support for customers via email, phone and site visits where necessary
- Other related tasks on an as needed basis
- Good understanding of Relational Databases
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- SQL Server
- Laboratory/LIMS experience (would be a benefit)
- Crystal Reporting (training will be given if necessary)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Customer Facing skills
- Fast learner
Full driving licence (some travel may be required)