Job Title: Programme Director - Electronic Patient Record (EPR) System Implementation
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Employer: NHS Trust
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (3 Years)
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
An NHS Trust in the Midlands committed to delivering high-quality healthcare services are ready to embark on a transformative journey, they are seeking a dynamic and experienced Programme Director to lead the implementation of a state-of-the-art Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system. This is a pivotal role that will shape the future of their patient care, ensuring the seamless integration of technology to enhance healthcare delivery.
- Procurement Phase:
- Lead the development and execution of the procurement strategy for the EPR system.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define system requirements and evaluate potential suppliers.
- Oversee the procurement process, ensuring compliance with NHS guidelines and best practices.
- Implementation and Rollout:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive project plan for the EPR system implementation.
- Manage a multidisciplinary team, including project managers, analysts, and technical specialists.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to ensure the successful integration of the EPR system into existing workflows.
- Cutover and Go-Live:
- Develop and implement a robust cutover plan, minimising disruption to patient care during the transition.
- Ensure comprehensive testing and validation of the EPR system prior to go-live.
- Provide leadership and support during the critical go-live phase, addressing any issues promptly.
- Optimisation and Continuous Improvement:
- Establish mechanisms for ongoing optimisation of the EPR system to meet evolving healthcare needs.
- Implement feedback loops and performance metrics to measure the success and impact of the system.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the EPR system.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Programme Director leading large-scale EPR system implementations within the healthcare sector.
- In-depth knowledge of NHS procurement processes and guidelines.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of successful delivery on time and within budget.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with healthcare IT standards, interoperability, and data security.
- Market Specialism:
- EPR & Clinical Systems